When the dashboard lights in your car click on, your car is trying to tell you something. Are you listening? Your car’s dashboard is one of the easiest ways to take a glimpse at the overall health of your vehicle, and it could show you innocuous things like low tire pressure or serious problems with your engine. Decoding your dashboard lights doesn’t have to be hard when you choose Maven Motors.
The Most Common Dashboard Lights
- Brake System Warning: This dashboard light indicates an issue with your brakes or your brake fluid. Because your brakes are such a critical part of your car, you shouldn’t sleep on this warning. If the brake warning light starts to flash, you are in immediate danger and should have it checked immediately.
- Power Steering Light: When this light, that looks like a steering wheel with an exclamation point next to it, kicks on, it’s a sign that your car’s power steering system is having trouble. You can typically feel the difference, as you will need to use much more effort to turn the wheel. It can be almost impossible to turn the wheel at lower speeds, and it will be difficult for you to quickly react to other cars on the road.
- Airbag Warning: The airbags in your vehicle are vital to your safety in the event that you’re in a crash. If the airbag light illuminates in your car, there has been a malfunction with one or more of your airbags. If you got into an accident, there’s a good chance that your airbags would not deploy properly.
- Oil Warning Light: If your car has low levels of oil, low oil pressure or an oil temperature that is too hot, the oil warning light will light up. Oil is vital to the health of your engine, so if it is not present in high enough levels or at the proper temperature, your engine can be seriously damaged.
- Battery Light: Sometimes the battery light will illuminate when you first turn on your car, which is nothing alarming. However, if the light remains lit after that, it’s a sign that something is not right in the electrical system. It’s good to have this checked out as soon as possible because a dead battery will put an immediate stop to whatever your plans are for the day!
- Coolant Warning: This dashboard light looks like a thermometer submerged in liquid, and it lights up when your engine coolant levels are too low. If you let your coolant get very low or run out entirely, your engine could overheat and lead to a costly, big problem.
Keep Your Car in Excellent Condition with Maven Motors
Maven Motors is dedicated to helping every customer find the car of their dreams, and keep the cars that they have in great shape. From auto sales to collision repair, we can meet all of your car buying and maintenance needs. We pride ourselves on honesty and integrity and always doing what is right for you. To learn more about our services, contact us today by calling (410) 358-1114 or visit us online.