If you’re reading this anywhere in the greater Maryland area, there’s a good chance you’re sweating right now! With temperatures sky high and humidity levels making the air feel even warmer, the fight to keep your car cool is not easy. How can you stay cool on the road or when getting in a parked car?
5 Ways to Keep Your Car Cool This Summer
- Purchase a sun shade or window visor to help keep sun and warmth out of your car. When leaving your vehicle for a long period of time, you should be exceedingly cautious removing the visor, as they can get very warm. If you know that you will be gone from your car all day, you can even add another sun shade for your rear mirror as well.
- Use a hand towel to cover your steering wheel while you are out of the vehicle, or when you first get in the car on a hot day. A towel can help protect your hands from the intense heat of the steering wheel, particularly if you have a leather interior.
- If it’s safe to do so, leave your windows slightly cracked. You should avoid leaving them down so far that someone could potentially reach into your vehicle. Even a small crack on each window can dramatically lower the temperature in the car.
- Do you park right in front of your office or house? About 10 minutes before you plan on entering your vehicle, crack open the doors to let some of the hot air out. When you get inside of the car, roll down the windows and blast the air conditioning for a few minutes. This should rapidly push out all of the hot air and leave you feeling much more comfortable.
- When you’re driving, make sure that your AC vents are open and pointed towards you. If you notice that your air conditioning isn’t cooling your car anymore, you should take it into Maven Motors as soon as possible for an inspection.
Keep Your Car Cool with Maven Motors
Maven Motors auto body shop is dedicated to helping every customer find the car of their dreams, and keep the cars that they have in great shape. From auto sales to collision repair, we can meet all of your car buying and maintenance needs. We pride ourselves on honesty and integrity and always doing what is right for you. To learn more about our services, contact us today by calling (410) 358-1114 or visit Maven Motors in Baltimore MD.